Our online “research use only” click license, modeled after the NIH guidelines for tools, eliminates the need for traditional Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs). Procuring scientists agree to the license with one simple click during the check-out process. Their reagents can then be shipped immediately, no additional paperwork required.
The full text of the license agreement is available below and in PDF format.
Kerafast Limited License Agreement
- Products and materials (“MATERIAL”) available from Kerafast are the property of the investigators and/or the organizations from which they originate (“PROVIDERS”).
- THIS MATERIAL IS FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT FOR USE IN HUMAN SUBJECTS.
- Purchase of MATERIAL conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the MATERIAL in research or teaching conducted by the buyer, whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity. The buyer may not sell or otherwise transfer this MATERIAL, its components or products made using this MATERIAL or its components to a third party or otherwise use this MATERIAL or its components or products made using this MATERIAL or its components for Commercial Purposes. Commercial Purposes means any activity by a party for consideration and may include, but is not limited to: (1) use of the MATERIAL or its components in manufacturing; (2) use of the MATERIAL or its components to provide a service, information, or data; (3) use of the MATERIAL or its components for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (4) resale of the MATERIAL or its components, whether or not such MATERIAL or its components are resold for use in research.
- The buyer agrees to acknowledge the source of the MATERIAL (Kerafast) in any publications reporting the use of it.
- Any MATERIAL purchased by the buyer pursuant to this Agreement is understood to be experimental in nature and may have hazardous properties.
- KERAFAST AND THE PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTEND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Unless prohibited by law, the buyer assumes all liability for claims for damages against it by third parties which may arise from the use, storage or disposal of the MATERIAL.
- The buyer agrees to use the MATERIAL in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations.