Kerafast is a Boston-based reagent company whose primary mission is to make unique laboratory-made research tools easily accessible to the global scientific community. Our portfolio includes cell lines, antibodies, small molecules, dyes and more, many of which are not available elsewhere. Since our founding in 2011, researchers from more than 190 institutions worldwide have made their innovative reagents available through our online platform, where the materials can be quickly accessed without needing to go through the traditional Material Transfer Agreement process. In 2018, Kerafast merged with Absolute Antibody, a UK-based company with a vision to make recombinant antibody technology available to all researchers. The merger brought together two companies with a shared commitment to improving the selection of research tools available to the scientific community.
Position Type: Full time, summer internship
Location: Boston, MA
The Business Development team at Kerafast and Absolute Antibody is responsible for identifying and licensing research reagents developed at academic institutions. The Business Development Intern will assist with the ongoing growth of the portfolio of research tools in the Kerafast and Absolute Antibody catalogs. The Intern will work cross-functionally with the Business Development and Marketing teams to ensure research reagents are licensed, marketed, and made available to the global customer base in a timely manner.
• Identify and characterize research tools developed by academic researchers that may be licensable to either Kerafast and/or Absolute Antibody
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Kerafast and Absolute Antibody teams to drive growth of the research tools portfolio
• Develop marketing materials to support business development initiatives
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program in life sciences or health sciences with a strong understanding of the various research tools commonly used in academic research
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Strong time management skills, attention to detail, commitment prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and task”
• Must be self-confident, assertive, and self-motivated
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual meeting. Employees will be returning to the office three days/week starting in June with all employees complying with office COVID-19 guidelines dictated by the CDC, the state of Massachusetts, and company leadership. This includes, but is not limited to, mandatory face coverings, social distancing, and COVID-19 screening as needed. Interns will be required to agree to and sign documents outlining these guidelines at the start of their internship. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged.