Glycofect Transfection Reagent
Glycofect™ is a new DNA carrier that elicits low cytotoxic response coupled with high delivery efficiency and transgene expression. Glycofect is a superior reagent for primary cell transfection as compared to leading lipid and poly-cationic based products.
- Effective delivery with low cytotoxicity
- Effective cellular uptake through nanoparticle delivery
- Protects DNA from nuclease degradation
- Biodegrades after endocytosis
- Simple & robust transfection procedure
- Exceptional results in primary cells
The following micrographs compare Glycofect to leading lipid-based reagents when used to transfect primary dermal fibroblasts and primary aortic smooth muscle cells. In each series, the DIC images (top row) show the density of the individual cells while the fluorescence iimages (bottom row) show those cells that have been transfected with a plasmid expressing green fluorescent protein. All samples were prepared per manufacturers' instructions.
- T.M. Reineke "PGAAs: "Cationic Glycopolymers for DNA Delivery" J. Polym. Sci. A: Polym. Chem. 2006, 44, 6895-6908.
- Y. Liu, T.M. Reineke, "Poly(glycoamidoamine)s for Gene Delivery. Stability of Polyplexes and Efficacy with Cardiomyoblast Cells" Bioconjugate Chem. 2006, 17, 101-108.
- Y. Liu, T.M. Reineke, "Degradation of Poly(glycoamidoamine) DNA Delivery Vehicles: Polyamide Hydrolysis at Physiological Conditions Promotes DNA Release." Biomacromolecules, 2010, 11, 316.